Fundamental principles in the Chiromassage
Massage is an instinctive practice of the human being. Well, in the presence of some kind of body pain, the first impulse that the person has is to rub the affected area in order to relax it.
In addition, when another person suffers pain, such as a child, the human being usually modifies the intonation and inflection of the voice, to get the person suffering to calm down.
However, it should be kept in mind that animals also use massage, although in their case, they usually do so by licking the affected area.
It is known from experience that the pressure of the hand on a painful area, calms the pain and relieves the discomfort.
Thus, through this experience from generation to generation and culture in culture, were added and refined different techniques in massage, until nowadays, one of them was given the name of quiromasaje.
What is it? What is chiromassage?
Chiromassage is a group of movements made with the hands in contact with the patient’s body.
These movements are of several types: kneading, percussion, friction, veined castings, applause, punctures, pumping, spinal shakes, touch, muscle rotations, stretching, mobilizations.
The intensity with which these movements are applied, determine the type of massage that will be carried out:
- Gentle movements: relaxation or sensitive chiromassage
- Intense movements: sports chiromassage, adapted for muscular contractures and small muscle problems.
The use of intense movements, sometimes with the help of devices and various instruments (infrared, vibration, application of cold, is the type of massage that seeks recovery and tonality of the muscle.
Anyway, the types of massage and their use are defined according to their techniques.
The group of kneading and percussion has been improved over the years. Even, until reaching a high degree of improvement such that they already give answers to a series of wider needs in the injured.
This millenary technique, for our present, already has in its possession a large number of applications that adapt to the needs of the patient. And ranging from relaxing and improving the nervous system and muscle, to the elasticity of body parts that have suffered problems for various reasons.
Also, it will improve the circulation of blood and lymph; very important aspect to avoid any myocardial disorder.
To obtain the mentioned benefits, a series of manipulations are used that are named as follows:
- Magnetic touches
- Venous decongestion
- Digital kneading
- Simple kneading with the knuckles
- Kneading total with the knuckles
- Kneading with the thumb
- Reinforced kneading
- Pinch with twist
- Concave clap
- Digital clap
- Digital applause with friction
- Flat applause
- Digital touches
- Circumflex digital touches
- Muscle rotation
- Torsional Grips
- Surf pinching
- Pinching of approach and separation
- Vertebral pressure
- Cervical stretching
Effects of chiromassage
Fundamentally with massage, “mechanical” effects can be obtained through manual contact and “psychological or mental” effects.
Within the mechanical effects, two types can be distinguished:
- Local effect that is what occurs in a painful or treated area
- Reflective effect that is the one that takes place in a remote area that has been tried. For example, by acting on the lumbar vertebrae, effects occur in the intestinal area that may be helpful in cases of constipation.
In addition to the effects on muscle mass, massages also act, beneficially, in:
- Blood circulation
- The lymphatic circulation
- The nervious system
- Muscle tissue
- Fatty tissue
- The bone tissue
- The organs
- The skin
- The mind
- It increases the blood flow to the treated area and those related to it, also favoring the return to the heart. We must not forget that also with massage, it will help the blood to distribute oxygen more easily to those organs or tissues that specify it, thus achieving the best regeneration in them.
- Improves at the same time the release of histamines, endorphins, among others. The effects of massage also become noticeable in the arterial circulation. As evidence of this fact we have the pink tone acquired by the area tested after some sessions and the improvement experienced by the patient.
Effects on lymphatic circulation
By acting on the skin of a certain area, it affects the lymphatic vessels that are in an internal area, thus improving its specific function.
effects on the nervous system
The effect of the quiromasaje is polyvalent, since it can be stimulating, when acting on the nervous motors, or relaxing and sedative when acting on the sensitive nerves; although in some exceptional cases, this rule can not be completed.
Effects on muscle tissue
By increasing the vascularization obtained through chiromassage, the muscle will more easily find the nutrients it needs, also helping to eliminate toxins and waste products.
With the massage also the contractures made due to lack of adequate blood circulation are avoided.
When should you go to a quiromassage?
Although, as is logical, should be used in cases of need of the patient, it is essential to use massage as a preventive use for many ailments, such as stress and prevent injuries. After all, this type of massage offers a significant increase in well-being and quality of life.
Thus, the person can establish a rhythm to perform massage sessions that allow him to enjoy an enviable physical form and a balanced nervous system; since the chiromassage has a holistic view of the human being.
In fact, as a rule, certain psychological dysfunctions, such as anxiety and stress, are less frequent or less intense among people who use massage on a regular basis.
Remember that health is the most important thing, and massage is a nice way to keep it.