It is an agent for treating the signs and symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia and the associated discomfort in the lower urinary tract.
By acting by relaxing the smooth muscle tissue in benign prostatic hyperplasia, it produces an increase in the flow of urine and an improvement in the symptoms of obstruction.
Spontaneous chemical formula
The presentation of the sponge is in boxes of 30 capsules of 0.4 mg of Tamsulosin each.
Indications of the spousal
Spontaneous is a drug indicated in the treatment of an enlarged prostate.
Eliminates the lower urinary tract symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasias, such as difficulties in urination, urgent urination, and the need to urinate frequently in the same way during the night and the day.
Mechanism of action
The mechanism of action of Tamsulosin is to produce relaxation of the smooth muscle of the prostate and urethra by binding selectively and competitively to the postsynaptic alpha receptors and, in particular, to the alpha1A and alpha1D subtypes, improving urination problems.
The usual dose in adults is one capsule a day, orally as a single dose after any meal, preferably with the first meal of the day.
The capsule should be swallowed whole with water and not chewed or broken.
Spousal side effects
You should stop using this medicine and call your doctor immediately if you have the following symptoms:
- A feeling of dizziness, drowsiness, and weakness as if you might pass out.
- An erection of the penis that is painful or not and lasts 4 hours or more, in addition to a decrease in the amount of semen. Decreased interest in sex.
- A severe skin reaction, accompanied by fever, sore throat, swelling of the face or tongue, burning eyes, and skin pain, followed by a red or purple skin rash that spreads especially on the face or part upper body and causes blistering peeling.
- Presence of nausea and diarrhea.
- Tooth problems
- Headache, chest pain, back pain.
- Blurry vision.
- Fever, chills, or flu-like symptoms, with a runny or stuffy nose, sinus pain, sore throat, and cough.
- Sleep problems ( insomnia ).
Warnings and Contraindications
In the case of patients suffering from allergies, hypersensitivity to Tamsulosin, or any other component of the capsules, treatment with spinal is contraindicated.
The spontaneous one can produce allergic reactions to the component that are manifested with the appearance of skin rash, hives, itching, also difficulty in breathing, and swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat.
When these symptoms appear, treatment should be stopped, and medical attention should be sought.
Spontaneous is also contraindicated in women and children (under 18 years).
Spontaneous is contraindicated in cases of severe renal failure. Monitoring with digital rectal examinations should be performed to determine prostate-specific antigens.
Spousal should not be administered in patients with problems of postural hypotension (orthostatic) and syncope of micturition.
There is a risk of flaccid iris syndrome when performing cataract-removal surgery and in cases of glaucoma.
Spontaneous treatment must be interrupted one to two weeks before surgery.
Although research on the effect of spousal on the ability to drive vehicles and use machines has not yet been conducted.
It should be taken into account that there is the possibility of dizziness among the side effects, and it could decrease the ability to carry out these activities.
Spontaneous is contraindicated in patients with severe liver failure.
Some medications can interact with spontal. Tell your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Alpha-blockers such as prazosin or phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors such as Sildenafil may appear because of symptoms of low blood pressure such as severe dizziness and fainting.
- Azole antifungals such as posaconazole, fluconazole, itraconazole, and ketoconazole, among others.
- Cimetidine, HIV protease inhibitors like ritonavir.
- Macrolide antibiotics such as roxithromycin,
- Medicines such as terbinafine can increase the risk of tamsulosin side effects.
- Warfarin can increase the risk of side effects.