What is Ecotrin?
Ecotrin is a medicine with multiple uses and benefits for health, such as:
- Relieve pain, swelling, and fever.
- To treat arthritis
- To treat rheumatic fever.
- To protect bypass grafts and stents in the heart.
- To reduce the likelihood of heart attack, stroke, and death in some people.
In any case, it is always advisable to consult a specialist to receive a more precise orientation.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE taking Ecotrin?
- For all patients taking Ecotrin (modified-release aspirin tablets):
- If you are allergic to aspirin or any other component of this medicine.
- Suppose you are allergic to any medication like this or another, food or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you have, such as rash, hives, itching, difficulty breathing, wheezing, cough, swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat … or any other sign.
- If you have any health problems: Asthma, bleeding problems, polyps in the nose or rhinitis, kidney disease, or liver disease.
- If you have a stomach or bowel ulcer.
- If you are more than 24 weeks pregnant.
- If you are taking another medicine that contains the same treatment.
The Ecotrin and the Children:
In the case of Ecotrin and children, it is always strongly suggested that you first tell your doctor and pharmacist about all your medications (prescription drugs, natural products, and vitamins) and current or most recent health problems.
He should check to make sure it is safe to take this medication with all your current consumer medication and health problems. Do not start, stop or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What things do I need to know or do while taking Ecotrin?
- Tell all your health providers that you take Ecotrin. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Has the blood test been checked as told by the doctor? Talk to the doctor.
- Do not give to children and adolescents who have or are getting better from signs of flu, chickenpox, or other viral infections due to the possibility of Reye’s syndrome. Reye’s syndrome causes terrible problems to the brain and liver.
- Do not take more than what your doctor told you to take. Taking more than what you are told can increase your chance of having very adverse side effects.
- Do not take this medication for longer than your doctor tells you.
- Talk to your doctor before drinking alcohol if you are taking this medication.
- If you smoke, talk to your doctor.
- This medicine can increase the possibility of adverse and sometimes fatal side effects on the stomach or intestine, such as ulcers or bleeding.
- The risk is more significant in the elderly. The trouble is also more prominent in people who have had stomach or bowel ulcers or bleeding earlier. These problems can occur without warning signs. Talk to the doctor. If you are over 60, use Ecotrin with care. It could have more side effects for you.
- This medicine can harm the fetus if you take it while pregnant. Call your doctor immediately if you are pregnant or suspect you are pregnant while taking this medication.
- Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding. You will have to talk about any risk to your baby.
- If you take Ecotrin regularly, do not stop taking it without calling the doctor who ordered it for you.
How do you take the Ecotrin better?
Use this medication as ordered by your doctor. Read all the information that has been given. Follow all instructions closely. Take it with or without food. Take it with food if it upsets your stomach.
Take it with a full glass of water. Take it all. Do not chew, break or crush.
What do I do if I forget to take my dose?
If you take Ecotrin regularly, take it immediately the moment you notice that you have missed a dose. If you are near the time of the next dose, skip the missed dose and return to your average time.
Do not take two doses at the same time or in additional amounts.
What are some other side effects of Ecotrin?
All medications can cause side effects. However, many people do not have or only have minor side effects.
But call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effect bothers you or does not go away:
- Pain in the stomach or heartburn.
- Stomach upset or vomiting
These are not all the side effects that can occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for specialized advice regarding side effects.
If overdose is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your health center or get medical attention. Be ready to say or show what was taken, how much, and when.
How to store and dispose of Ecotrin for disposal?
- Store at room temperature.
- Could you protect it from light?
- Store in a dry place. Do not store it in the bathroom.
- Keep all medications in a safe place. Keep all medicines out of the reach of children and pets.
- Ask your pharmacist about how to throw away unused medications.
- If your symptoms or health problems do not improve or if they get worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your medicines with other people, and do not take someone else’s medication.
- Keep a list of all your medications (prescription, natural products, vitamins, etc.). Give this list to your doctor.
- Before starting any new medicine, talk to your doctor, including recipes and natural products or vitamins.