Flavonoids are natural compounds found in fruits, vegetables, and beverages. They are what give fruits and vegetables their bright colors.
Daflon-coated tablets contain 500 mg of purified, micronized flavonoid fraction. The generic name is Diosmin and Hesperidin:
- Diosmin 450 mg.
- Hesperidin 50 mg.
Diosmin, 90% Daflon, comes from oranges, and hesperidin comes from oranges and lemons.
These flavonoids are selected to treat hemorrhoids and varicose veins because citrus flavonoids are vasoconstrictors or tighten the veins.
More than 4,000 flavonoids have been identified in fruits, vegetables, and beverages (tea, coffee, beer, wine, and fruit drinks).
Flavonoids have attracted considerable interest recently due to their potential beneficial effects on human health.
They have been reported to have antiviral, anti-allergic, antiplatelet, anti-inflammatory, antitumor, and antioxidant activities.
Daflon is made from purified natural flavonoids, 500 milligrams of flavonoids, specifically the compound of 90% diosmin / 10% hesperidin, which affects the endothelial wall or the lining of our veins.
It is a treatment of organic and functional chronic venous insufficiency of the lower extremities with the following symptoms:
- Heavy legs
- Night cramps
- Acute hemorrhoidal episode.
- Poor venous circulation and hemorrhoids.
Daflon is a retinotopic (a drug that increases the tone of the veins and strengthens the minor blood vessels).
It is recommended to treat:
- Problems with venous circulation (such as heavy legs, chronic venous insufficiency, pain, restless legs, night cramps, edema, and poor distribution of nutrition through the blood).
- Hemorrhoids (or piles, acute hemorrhoidal disease).
It can also be used as a long-term treatment for the hemorrhoidal disease (whose symptoms include pain, bleeding, and itching).
- How to use Daflon.
- Take it orally with meals.
- Do not exceed the dose prescribed by your doctor.
- Consult your doctor if you have doubts.
- To treat venous circulatory problems and long-term treatment for hemorrhoidal disease: take two tablets per day at mealtime.
- To treat hemorrhoids: Take six tablets per day for the first four days, 4 per day for the next three days, and then (if necessary) 2 per day after that.
- Your doctor must determine it.
- Do not stop taking this medicine before the date indicated by your doctor.
- Do not take this medicine for more than three months without consulting your doctor.
Some cases of minor gastrointestinal and neurovegetative disorders have been reported, never requiring cessation of treatment.
In addition to the desired effect, the Daflon tablet can also cause some unwanted effects. In such cases, you should seek medical attention immediately.
This is not an exhaustive list of side effects. Tell your doctor if you experience any adverse drug reactions:
- Abdominal pain.
Pregnancy is an average period in a woman’s life during which it is essential not to take medications without medical advice.
Similarly, advise your doctor if you want to have a child. No adverse effects have been reported to date.
In the absence of data on excretion in human milk, treatment during lactation is not recommended.
Usual dosage (in phlebology) 2 tablets a day in two divided doses at noon and in the evening at lunchtime.
In an acute hemorrhoidal episode, the dose is six tablets per day for the first four days, then 4 tablets per day for three days in divided doses.
Do not use this medicine after the expiration date indicated on the pack you just bought from the pharmacy. Also, protect Daflon from direct light, heat, and moisture.
Purified, micronized flavonoid fraction (500 mg) comprising 450 mg of diosmin and 50 mg of flavonoids expressed as hesperidin.
Sodium carboxymethylamide, microcrystalline cellulose, gelatin, magnesium stearate, talc; titanium dioxide (E 171), glycerol, hypromellose, sodium lauryl sulfate, macrogol 6000, Jaune iron oxide (E 172), red iron oxide (E 172).
A healthy lifestyle is the starting point for successfully treating venous circulatory problems. Do not take this medicine for more than 3 months without consulting your doctor.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding:
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist before using any form of medicine.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or want to have a baby.
- For your health, do not take this medicine during the first three months of pregnancy.
- Postnatal tests on animals have revealed no physical deformities or behavioral problems.
This medicine is not known to interfere with a person’s ability to drive or operate machinery safely.
However, since this medicine may cause dizziness, your ability to drive or operate machinery safely may be affected.
Daflon is a semisynthetic flavonoid drug that is used in the treatment of blood vessel disorders such as venous stasis, varicose veins, lymphedema, etc.
In addition, it helps control and treats internal hemorrhoids and excessive blood thinning.
It has several ways in which it affects the body. It helps in the vasoconstriction of the walls of the veins by extending the effect of norepinephrine on these walls. This helps improve circulation through the veins.
Daflon tablet also has a similar effect on lymphatic vessels, thus improving drainage. Also, reducing the levels of prostaglandins in the body helps reduce inflammation.
Daflon is contraindicated in the case of problems such as:
- Renal disease.
- High levels of calcium in the blood.
- Kidney stones
- Addison’s disease.
- The increased amount of potassium in the blood.
- Thomson’s disease, etc.
While the information on the interaction of Daflon with drugs, foods, and alcohol is not available.
It is still recommended to consult with a doctor before using the drug. The dose will depend on the person’s medical history and health conditions such as pregnancy, pre-existing diseases, etc.