It is helpful to treat conditions such as psoriasis and dermatitis of the skin of different types such as atopic seborrhea and neurodermatitis.
The generic name of the medicine Celestamine Ns is Betamethasone / Dexchlorpheniramine. It is a corticosteroid that can be systemic and topical. It is generally used as an anti-inflammatory and can also reduce pain.
This combination is an international brand such as Celestamine Ns manufactured and marketed by Schering Plow Ltd. Celestamine Ns is a vital medicine available in many forms.
There is a lot of confusion in the consumer’s mind regarding the uses, dosage, precautions, and side effects of Celestamine Ns.
Celestine Ns is available in tablets and syrup and is recommended for respiratory, severe dermatological, and ocular allergies.
The amount of Betamethasone present is 250 mcg per tablet, and the amount of Dexchlorpheniramine is 2 mg per tablet. It is available in ten tablets per strip.
Celestine Ns is not available as an over-the-counter medication. This means that one must have a prescription from a qualified physician to obtain this medication from the pharmacist.
Dosis de Celestamine Ns
Unlike most other medications, the dose of Celestamine Ns depends on the individual’s response to the drug and the severity of the problem.
- The conditions are better; the dosage should be reduced little by little until reduced to a minimum.
- After reaching the lowest dose, it should be suspended slowly.
- For people older than 12 years, an initial amount of 1 or 2 tablets (1 or 2 tablespoons) is prescribed four times a day.
- It is best to take the amount after a filling meal or bedtime.
- Do not increase the amount of Celestamine Ns to more than eight tablets or eight tablespoons in the case of Celestamine Ns syrup.
- For children between 6 and 12 years, a dose of ½ tablet (1/2 tablespoon) should be administered three times a day. The amount should not exceed more than four tablets or four tablespoons in the case of syrup.
- For children between 2 and 6 years old, a dose of ¼ or ½ tablespoon should be administered three times a day. The general dosage should not be more than two tablespoons.
Side effects of Celestamine Ns
It is known that Celestamine Ns causes some side effects.
If they appear, it is essential to consult a doctor as soon as possible since they can take a turn to become more dangerous.
Some of the side effects are listed below:
- It can produce a sedation condition in which a person is always sleepy or tired.
- In some cases, an alteration in electrolyte and fluid balance is observed.
- Muscle problems can occur. Issues such as muscle weakness, loss of muscle mass, and rupture of the tendon are common.
- Sometimes psychological issues are seen as mood swings and depression.
In cases of women, menstrual irregularity may occur:
- Some people also complain of a headache.
- There are also cases of abdominal distension.
- There are also problems in the digestive system. Conditions such as peptic ulcer, constipation, and irritable bowel syndrome can occur.
- Nausea and vomiting may occur.
- Wound healing may take longer than usual.
- Skin problems such as discoloration, thinning of the skin, or being too fragile are common problems faced.
- There may be a problem of increased sweating.
There may be other side effects faced than those mentioned in this list.
There are cases in which side effects are found due to the intake of the medication. Some of the common side effects of Celestamine Ns are:
- The sensation of burning.
- Itching or irritation.
- Hypertrichosis can occur.
- There are also cases of allergic contact dermatitis.
Dosage of Celestamine Ns
Celestine Ns is an anti-allergic medication helpful in treating skin problems, itching or rash, skin inflammation, phimosis, and even ataxia-telangiectasia.
The active ingredient in Celestamine Ns syrup is Betamethasone.
The dosage of the medication varies according to the severity of the condition. A qualified doctor should be consulted before consuming the drug.
Some drugs are known to interfere or cause a reaction with Celestamine Ns.
Some of them are listed as follows:
- Amphotericin B.
CelestamineNS helps reduce the hormonal disorder in the body. It even produces steroids for the body when there is a lack of steroid production.
In addition, Celestamine Ns NS is also helpful in the fight against allergic disorders.
One should not take Celestamine NS in case of infection by fungi, viruses, or bacteria, as it decreases the body’s immune response, making the condition more serious.
The doctor must be informed about:
- Kidney or liver disorder.
- Heart diseases or high blood pressure conditions.
- Hypothyroidism or ulcers in the stomach.
- Fungal infections.
- It should not be administered to a pregnant, nursing, or breastfeeding woman.
Celestine Ns should be avoided if a person is allergic to Betamethasone.
Celestine Ns should not be taken for a long time. Cause reproductive problems in men.
Celestine Ns tablets should not be changed by syrup or vice versa since the concentration of components varies.
Celestine Ns can suppress the work of an antibody. The dose of Celestamine Ns should be exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
Occasionally, the overdose of Celestamine Ns can be fatal, so emergency medical assistance is essential in any case of overdose.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- It can be harmful to the child.
- It can happen to the milk and cause harm to the baby.
- Celestine Ns is not a suitable medication for babies.