Designed to promote weight loss, maintaining a healthy weight and reversing the visible aging process.
The diet of Perricone is a diet with effects on inflammation and aging, which is based on the consumption of fish, especially salmon and nutritional supplements .
The Perricone diet, developed by the dermatologist Dr. Nicholas Perricone, who affirms that an indicated nutrition is important to prevent and eliminate wrinkles in the skin. And later this anti-aging diet was adapted to a weight loss program.
Recommends foods with abundant antioxidants and low in carbohydrates.
The Perricone diet is promoted to lose weight, improve the physique and slow down the aging process.
The basic components of the Perricone diet are foods rich in protein, omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants.
The diet makes special emphasis on eating fish, suggests eating salmon at least 5 times a week and with the frequency of two or three times a day.
- Fish. In addition to salmon, there are other fish allowed in the diet such as tuna, cod, shellfish, sole, flounder, swordfish, halibut and trout, as well as seafood.
- Low fat milk and cottage cheese.
- Egg whites
- Olives and olive oil.
- Fruits such as citrus, melon, apples, kiwi, sweet melon, nectarines, peaches, pears, vegetables such as tomatoes and tomato juice
- Eight to 10 glasses of spring water per day.
- Green tea, which is rich in antioxidants.
In addition to salmon, Perricone developed a list called the ten “super foods” that are rich in essential fatty acids, fiber or antioxidants, these foods are:
Onions, garlic and leeks, barley, blue-green algae, wheat grass and barley grass, buckwheat, seeds, beans, lentils, hot peppers, nuts, seeds, sprouts and yogurt.
- Bread or any type of flour, pasta, rice, cereal, popcorn, pizza.
- Sugar and soft drinks.
- Red meats
- Most cheeses, butter and margarine.
- Fruits such as grapes, watermelon, bananas, carrots, corn, potatoes.
The glycemic index
The glycemic index evaluates quality rather than the amount of carbohydrates found in food.
Quality refers to the speed with which blood sugar levels rise after eating food.
The basis of the glycemic index is glucose, to which an index value of 100 is assigned.
Other foods are compared to glucose to reach their ratings, generally a high value is considered between 70 and more, an average glycemic index varies from 56 to 69 and a low glycemic index value is 55 or less.
The glycemic index for some foods is as follows:
- Corn Flakes: 83.
- Pomelo: 25.
- Watermelon: 72
- Sugar: 64
- French fries: 56
- White bread: 70
- Sourdough bread: 54.
- Macaroni: 46
- Baked red potato: 93.
- French fries: 75
- Yogurt natural: 14.
- Salmon: 0
Foods that have a glycemic index of more than fifty should be avoided, while those.
Stop the visible aging process, eliminate acne and bags and dark circles around the eyes, weight loss, lower risk of diseases.
You should consult with the doctor, in the case of people taking a blood thinner, such as Coumadin ( warfarin ), pregnant women or breastfeeding.
Also people with existing medical conditions, including heart disease and diabetes.
The menu of the 28-day anti-inflammatory diet
- Three to four ounces of smoked salmon. Half a cup of cooked oatmeal, a teaspoon of almonds, eight ounces of green tea or water.
- Six ounces of unflavored Greek yogurt with a tablespoon of pomegranate juice, eight ounces of water.
- Four to six ounces of grilled turkey burger, lettuce and a slice of tomato.
- Half a cup of three grain salad (chickpeas, beans, black beans dressed with olive oil, fresh lemon juice and a clove of minced garlic) served on a cabbage bed. Eight ounces of water
In mid afternoon
- One hard-boiled egg, two sticks of celery, three Brazil nuts, eight ounces of water.
- Four to six ounces of grilled salmon, a cup of lentil soup, a green salad with olive oil and lemon juice, half a cup of steamed spinach and green tea or water.
The Perricone basic diet consists of five meals a day: breakfast, lunch, dinner and two snacks.
Protein-rich foods should be eaten before the rest of the meal.
He also recommends 20-30 minutes of exercise each day.