Doctors commonly recommend this eating plan to increase weight health.
This diet is necessary when the person has a very active metabolism, suffers from malnutrition, or his pace of life is breakneck. He does not eat the nutrients with the necessary nutrients to maintain a healthy weight.
Possible causes of weight loss
The thinning can occur either due to bad eating habits or a lack of control in the body. Among the possible causes are:
- An intestinal disorder that does not allow the absorption of nutrients from food.
- Condition of diseases such as hyperthyroidism or diabetes.
- Little food or consumption of foods that are not very nutritious for the body at a later date.
- At mealtime, you lose your appetite or the urge to feed yourself.
- A lot of physical or sports activity and little food.
- Diagnosis of degenerative diseases such as cancer or, in some cases, HIV (AIDS).
- Excessive daily emotional or work stress.
To determine if a Hypercaloric Diet is necessary, you must know the natural causes of weight loss and determine if it can be corrected by acquiring better eating habits or attending a medical consultation to carry out the pertinent studies and determine the diet to be consumed and the weight needed to go up.
What are the considerations to take for a Hypercaloric Diet?
This type of food pattern is characterized by the components incorporated into the daily diet and are necessary to provide the energy required by the body, which is summarized in high caloric rates supplied in exact and fair amounts for the body.
It is necessary to quantify the number of proteins, carbohydrates, and dairy fats to consume to guarantee the desired results, increase weight and improve the quality of life.
The nutritional requirements depend on each patient. It is not recommended to share the recipes of the Hypercaloric Diets because they must be personalized. After all, each individual has different deficiencies as well as metabolism.
To achieve the correct diet, a meticulous nutritional study must be done, and the person’s tastes to be treated must be known.
What are the types of nutrients needed?
The first thing in a Hypercaloric Diet is the consumption of fats that provide satiety to the body. You should not exceed the consumption of proteins because you are looking for a balance between the foods you are determined to eat daily.
In contrast, carbohydrates are essential because they provide the calories necessary for producing energy that the body requires, usually sweet snacks or daily snacks.
The caloric intake in a Hypercaloric Diet should be between 20% and 50%. Still, it can vary or even increase periodically depending on the patient’s needs, the physical activity that it leads, the age, the sexual gender, and the pathologies that it may have if it is the case.
Characteristics of a Hypercaloric Diet
Anyone who is feeding under a Hypercaloric Diet can not ignore the following:
- You can not skip the main meals, and you need to add one to two snacks between each meal.
- The calories can not be missing in all or almost all the meals.
- Carbohydrates and proteins should be in lesser measure or quantity in each meal.
- Fats must be present because they satiate more and for longer than the rest.
- Some foods must have vitamins and incredibly complex B.
- Foods with fiber should be eaten in small quantities. For snacks, nuts, sweets, fruits with honey, and snacks with butter are recommended.
- It would help if you did not eat salads or soups before each meal because they reduce the desire to eat the main courses.
- A spoonful of oil can be added to the cooked dishes before ingested.
- Depending on the indications of the nutritionist, supplements such as hypercaloric drinks can be included to enrich the meals.
- You can eat dairy products such as cheeses, whole milk, and yogurt.
- Dishes with jam, cocoa, honey, brewer’s yeast, seeds, and condensed milk are ubiquitous in these diets.
- The dishes that include eggs are very beneficial to increasing weight, such as tortillas with vegetables and vegetables, sausages, and cheeses.
- Pasta, cereals, and rice should be eaten daily.
- Gaseous drinks should be avoided.
- Fruits should be eaten daily.
If the recipes recommended by the nutritionist are followed to the letter, they will achieve a healthy weight gain without affecting the body’s metabolism.