The word detoxification refers to the procedures by which the body is freed from dangerous levels of toxins, such as: Alcohol, drugs or poisons.
Currently detoxification programs are aimed at eliminating the toxins responsible for symptoms, such as: headaches, swelling, joint pain, fatigue and depression.
There are natural detoxifying products and diets that achieve that goal.
The goal of the detoxifying diet is to eliminate the load of toxins from the organs that purify the body such as the liver, intestine and kidneys and at the same time, help improve their performance.
Food that includes the detoxifying diet
It is not necessary to count the calories to execute a detoxifying diet, since its objective is to help the organs in charge of it in the organism.
In order to carry out this regime, the following must be taken into account.
Food not allowed
Among the things that you should not eat while carrying out a detoxifying diet we have:
- The alcohol.
- Sugar, honey, maple syrup, artificial sweeteners.
- The coffee.
- Processed foods.
- Dairy foods of animal origin.
- Red meats
- Soy foods.
- Unhealthy oils
You must consume high quality, fresh and organic foods such as:
- Fruits: All fresh fruits.
- Vegetables: All fresh vegetables.
- Fish: Fresh, canned in water or in olive oil.
- Meats: Lean red meats, chicken without skin, but limited to two servings per week.
- Grains: As beans, chickpeas, lentils.
- Eggs: Better if they are organic.
- Oils: As the extra virgin olive, coconut oil, unprocessed.
- Nuts: Raw almonds without salt, nuts, macadamias and cashews.
- Seeds: Raw unsalted sesame, pumpkin and sunflower seeds.
- Infusions: Green tea, decaffeinated black tea and others.
- Water: One to three liters of water per day.
- Take lemon juice in fast: Ideal to prepare the digestion and clean the digestive system. The juice of half a lemon as tea, early in the day before breakfast.
- The exercise: During the period of detoxification, it is recommended to perform a daily hour of vigorous exercise, this increases the lymphatic flow and circulation and helps in the elimination of toxins.
- Consume all raw and fresh foods : Raw foods have more enzymes and nutrients and enzymes.
- Exercises: Practice relaxation exercises and meditation techniques for 15 minutes daily.
- Drink water : Try drinking three liters of water per day. This helps in the movement of the lymph and helps in the detoxification of the kidney. It can be water, fresh juices and tea detoxifying herbs. It is recommended the use of roots of dandelion, nettle, calendula, burdock, blades and red clover.
- Body exfoliation: This daily practice helps in the circulatory process and helps in the detoxification of the skin.
- Chew food well: Chew each bite of food 10 to 12 times before swallowing, this improves digestion, which allows a feeling of fullness that does not allow overeating.
Warnings in the detoxifying diet
You should not follow a detoxifying diet during pregnancy or during breastfeeding, when you have problems with blood pressure, diabetes or when you are underweight.
To make these shakes it is recommended to freeze the fruits and mix to obtain more nutrients and natural sugars
Half a cup of frozen strawberries, half a cup of frozen blueberries, a quarter cup of frozen raspberries, two cups of spinach, half a cup of papaya.
Half a cup of strawberry, half a cup of pineapple, two hearts of romaine lettuce, a banana, a cup of unsweetened almond milk.
A kiwi, a banana, a quarter cup of pineapple, two stalks of celery, two cups of spinach.
Two cups of baby spinach, a cup of Brussels sprouts, slices of an orange, half sliced avocado, one teaspoon of hemp seeds.
Add a teaspoon of toasted almonds, a teaspoon of raw pumpkin seeds, half a cup of cooked chicken, chopped.
The dressing recipe consists of mixing: a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil, a teaspoon of Dijon mustard, a teaspoon of maple syrup or honey.
As well as the juice of an orange, two teaspoons of balsamic vinegar, two cloves of garlic, chopped half shallot, salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
Changes in the daily detoxifying diet
Detoxification should be a daily practice in a healthy diet.
It is advisable to consume foods with detoxifying properties in the daily diet and avoid foods that are not allowed.
Here some of the foods with detoxifying properties:
- Vegetables: Asparagus, collard greens, artichokes, beets, peppers, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, celery, arugula, sweet potatoes, spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, eggplant, endive, fennel, green beans, Habanero peppers, kale , kimchi, leeks, mushrooms, mustard greens, onions, radishes, seaweed, tomatoes, turnips, watercress, zucchini and cucumbers.
- Fruits: Grapefruit, lemon, bananas, apples, blackberries, cranberries, cherries, grapes, kiwi, mango, oranges, papaya, pear, plum, pomegranates, raspberries and strawberries.
- Nuts and seeds: Almonds, Brazil nuts, chia seeds, flax seeds, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds and nuts.
- Oils and fats: Avocados, coconut oil, olive oil.
- White meats: Wild salmon.
- Grains and other alternatives: Black beans, chickpeas, lentils, brown rice, buckwheat, quinoa.
- Milks: Coconut milk, almond milk without sugar.
- Infusions: Hibiscus tea, white tea, green tea, chamomile tea.
- Species, herbs and seasonings: Turmeric, mustard, basil, cardamom, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, garlic, ginger, lemon grass, parsley, apple cider vinegar, sea salt.