At present, the prevention and diagnosis of the pathology of the large intestine have been simplified, thanks to the modern endoscopic devices that exist in the market.
A colonoscopy video is nothing more than the most precise procedure and one of the study methods that allows the doctor to observe the complete images and identify the inflammations, ulcers or tumors present in the area.
In contrast to conventional endoscopy or colonoscopy , the colonoscope video is equipped with a chip that has a powerful camera at 1.25 million pixels.
In this way it allows to see the intestinal wall extensively and ensures the registration of photographs and videos in HD quality.
The diagnoses are made using filters in front of the white light source of conventional lighting.
The colonoscopy video also allows the proctologist to obtain biological material for analysis and eliminate small polyps.
Indications for a colonoscopy video
- The colonoscopy video is performed when certain conditions such as:
- The disease of corn that can affect the colon.
- The malignancy of polyps located in the colon.
- Know the etiology of the hemorrhages that occurred in the intestines.
- Persistent abdominal pains.
- The detection of the pathology causing blood or mucus hidden in the stool.
- Before or after gynecological or proctologic surgery.
- When the presence of hemorrhoids is suspected.
- Diarrhea without apparent causes.
- To make differential diagnoses of pathologies such as Hirschsprung’s disease, ulcerative colitis , Crohn’s disease .
- In cases of presence of malignant formations, with which it is also possible to perform a biopsy.
Preparation for the exam
- For the effectiveness of the test, it is important to prepare adequately according to the most frequent medical recommendations:
- From 3 to 4 days before you should exclude vegetables, fruits, rye bread, nuts, mushrooms, jam, seeds, cereals such as rice. You can eat white bread, mashed potatoes, dairy products, boiled fish, clear broths, chicken fillets, bananas, drink mineral water, light juices and compotes without berries.
- Days before the test, the use of aspirin and medicines containing iron should be suspended. If it is difficult to defecate, make enemas or take laxatives.
- One day before the colonoscopy video, you should take a light breakfast and from that moment you can only consume clear liquids every hour, it is also necessary to perform some physical activity. From 6 to 8 pm, you should take 2 liters of Fortrans solution, approximately 250 ml every 15 minutes, accompanied by juice or clear water.
- Before the test, you should not have breakfast. And an additional 250 ml should be taken 3 to 4 hours before the procedure.
- The duration of the exam is 10 minutes to 1 hour.
After the test, special dietary rules must be followed for 2 or 3 days. Failure to comply can cause damage and accelerate the development of the pathology of the colon walls.
It is especially important to follow the instructions for dietary restriction in patients undergoing polyps removal.
The diet to follow has a duration of 1 month, with a soft diet, minimum consumption of complex carbohydrates and sugar, foods at a temperature of 15 to 60 ° C, with a limited amount of salt.
One month after the removal of colon polyps, a follow-up examination should be performed.
Currently the colonoscopy video is the best method of colon examination. However, there are some alternative methods such as barium enema, 3D virtual endoscopy capsule, colonoscopy with scanners, computed tomography, among others.
Although these studies are less accurate, they are often used to clarify the diagnosis.
The barium enema is an affordable alternative diagnostic treatment in cases where any type of colonoscopy is impossible to perform due to contraindications for individual conditions of each patient.
The procedure of the colonoscopy video is very informative. This video allows you to observe the status of the areas studied in great detail, due to the increase in the monitor screen.
- A colonoscopy video should not be performed in the following cases:
- Problems of pulmonary and cardiac insufficiency.
- Diseases in the hematopoietic system.
- Inflammation in the abdominal cavity.
- Diseases of acute infection.
- Ischemic and ulcerative colitis.
- In pregnant women.
- Patients with a diagnosis of peritonitis , paraproctitis and hemorrhoids in stages III-IV.