It is a simple way to adapt a type of diet to each individual according to their physical texture and their eating habits.
You have until you find the exact point in the adjustment of the amount of carbohydrates that the individual should consume. This diet accelerates metabolism, eliminates fat deposits and most importantly has no rebound effect.
The purpose of the metabolic diet is that in the prescribed period of time you can lose weight by increasing the metabolic process.
The time that lasts the diet should not be practiced extreme activities or exercise in excess and not done for longer than recommended.
In addition, this metabolic diet can only be reused after two years.
It is important to consider the weight and height, as well as the measurements of the waist, hips and the width of legs and arms, in order to measure progress.
Formula to calculate the metabolic rate
To calculate the metabolic rate, the following formula is used:
- IM = (102980,301 × weight in kg ÷ height in cms²) ÷ percentage of fat.
Types of Metabolism
Basically there are two types of metabolisms:
- Anabolism: This type of metabolism occurs when the body consumes more energy than it really needs, causing a feeling of hunger during the course of the day. Therefore, more calories are consumed than can be used and the surplus becomes part of the fat deposits, causing an increase in weight.
- Catabolism: This type of metabolism occurs when the body begins to spend more energy than it consumes and reserve, causing the loss of fat and muscle mass. This type of metabolism is characteristic of individuals who execute excessive amounts of physical activity, sleep for a long time and do not eat properly.
Now the ideal is to achieve a balance between these two metabolisms to achieve a healthy body and the desired physical appearance. Metabolisms depend on the genetic information and the eating habits of each individual.
There are three types of metabolisms, depending on the basic diet:
Metabolism type Carbohydrate
- This metabolic type requires a diet low in fat and with few proteins.
- The diet is aimed at the consumption of vegetables and large amounts of vegetables.
- You can add cereals, which contain a lot of fiber, limit the salt intake and include the consumption of many fruits.
Protein type metabolism
- It is recommended to limit the consumption of vegetables because of its high carbohydrate content.
- Eat few vegetables by eating vegetables such as cauliflower, asparagus, celery, spinach, avocados and green peas.
- Few amounts of cereal due to a high content of sugars, which will be transformed into glucose, should consume a greater amount of animal protein, meats and fatty fish.
Mixed type metabolism
- It is the average metabolism of these two feeding models should consume all kinds of foods recommended for the types of metabolism (Carbohydrate and protein), but in small portions.
- The balance must be maintained by consuming 100% balanced meals, including fruits and vegetables.
Characteristics of the metabolic diet
- This diet causes the metabolism to start, the burning of accumulated fat takes place.
- This diet has a time limit.
- In this metabolic diet a nutritional plan is established, an organized change in the foods that you consume daily, with a type of food varied for each day and in precise hours.
- It can burn the fat that the body has stored for a long time, by changing eating habits.
- The success of the diet of metabolism does not depend on age and is due to the development of a good food plan.
- The diet can be performed by people with varied eating habits such as: vegetarians, vegans , celiacs and even people who consume large amounts of meat.
Benefits of the metabolic diet
- Maintain a healthy body and an adequate weight.
- Strengthen the bones, the heart and the muscles of the whole body.
- It encourages exercise on a daily basis.
- Provides energy
- Have control of your body.
- It provides your body with the energy that stimulates the production of hormones that favor better functioning.
- Improves hair, nails and skin conditions.
- Motivate and provide a better lifestyle.
Stages of the diet
First phase: Days 1 and 2 are cargo.
In this phase you can eat and drink everything you want: sausages, ice creams, cakes, breads and creams.
Second phase: The following 21 days are personalized diet and is called the diet phase.
- These days the metabolism attacks the fat deposits and provides energy.
- It is normal to feel weak because the body is releasing toxins and is getting used to a new situation.
- Only the following foods should be consumed: Proteins: two per day (120 gr., 2 times a day, a maximum of 250 gr./day):
- Meat, fish, chicken breast, low fat cottage cheese, eggs, tofu, lupine. Salads and all kinds of vegetables 2 small fruits, in the morning and in the afternoon.
- Only consume a single type of protein and a single type of fruit.
- Avoid: Fat, oil, butter, greasy creams, carbohydrates, sugar (use only stevia), alcohol and milk.
- The reprogramming of the hypothalamus takes place after approximately 21 days.
- It is not recommended to interrupt the diet in this period.
- After 21 days the weight is controlled, this should be maintained in the next three weeks, which is the stabilization phase.
In this phase you should consume only:
- Vegetables : Beets, turnips, onions, broccoli, cauliflower, all kinds of green vegetables, spinach, peas, tomatoes, cucumbers, capers, artichokes, peppers, cabbage and mushrooms.
- Fruits: Melons, apricots, plums, kiwis, apples, pears, cherries, grapes, in small quantities.
- Meats: Veal, chicken breast, turkey breast, beef, all lean (120 grams).
- Fish: Sea bream, sea bass, haddock, sea bream, canned tuna. Seafood as: ranges, squid, mussels, octopus (120 grams).
- Protein products: Eggs (1), low-fat cottage cheese, low-fat yogurt (120 grams).
You should eat four times a day and drink plenty of water to help accelerate weight loss.
Third phase: This phase lasts 21 days and is called the stabilization phase.
It is a new set point and this phase is very important. It is a normal diet, calories are no longer reduced, only the organism is maintained with a protein-rich nutrition and monounsaturated fats are added such as: avocado and olive oil.
You can drink red wine or beer with a low calorie level.
You should avoid foods with flour, such as bread, cakes, cookies, sugar, processed foods, potatoes, rice and pasta.
Fourth phase: It is the test phase.
In this phase, processed foods are avoided, more products are included in the diet.
At first several types of vegetables, then fruits and some types of bread.
Examples of the types of diets.
Carbohydrate Type Diet.
Tomato and carrot juice; cereals or herbal tea sweetened with stevia.
Salad of lettuce, tomato and onion, lemon and cucumber and a little olive oil, grilled breast fillet, fruit or natural juice.
Low-fat cheese, boiled or poached eggs and fruit.
Protein Type Diet:
Eggs with ham or sausage and celery around the dish and infusion of unsweetened herbs.
Steamed cauliflower, roasted lamb, almonds or nuts.
Chicken leg, spinach salad, pine nuts or avocado seasoned with olive oil and cheese rich in fat.
Physical exercise must be carried out at each phase of the diet.
Phase I: Monday or Tuesday
In this phase you should do intense cardiovascular exercises, one of the two days.
Phase II: Wednesday and Thursday
Phase II exercise will develop muscles, strength training, use of weights, slow repetitions. The goal is to burn fat.
Phase III: Friday and Sunday
Silent activities are suggested as: Meditation or yoga and massages.
Food that accelerates the metabolism
To improve the performance of the body there are certain healthy foods that contribute to weight loss quickly and safely, such as:
Lemon is a natural antibacterial, thanks to the content of ascorbic acid favors the metabolic increase in the elimination of fats accumulated in the body, has diuretic characteristics that eliminate toxins, improving the immune system.
yogurt Yogurt is a probiotic that contains live bacteria, which help the intestine process food and help burn fat more quickly.
Celery is composed mainly of water and cellulose which is not digestible, so when it is included in the diet it produces a feeling of fullness and gives flavor to your meals.
It is a natural stabilizer of sugar in the metabolism, its consumption helps moderate peaks of blood sugar.
It is a citrus fruit with low sugar content and contains an antioxidant that reduces insulin levels after eating a meal.
Broccoli contains calcium and vitamin C, which together boosts metabolism and can slow the production of thyroid hormones.
- Lean meat and fish Lean
proteins help boost energy levels in the metabolism, decreasing the sensation of hunger.
Garlic helps the metabolism of blood sugar and control the levels of lipids in the blood.
Oats and other grains keep insulin levels low after meals.
- Olive oil
Its fatty content is of the healthy monounsaturated type and can help the body in the burning of calories.
- Hot Peppers
Jalapeño peppers, chipotle and habanero, confer the food with a delicious hotness, and accelerate your metabolism, up to 25% for three hours after eating.
It is high in fat and calories, but it is full of fiber, vitamins and minerals and the majority of avocado calories are monounsaturated fats, which help control the metabolic rate.
Beans have soluble and insoluble fiber that helps reduce insulin levels after eating, burning calories.
rice Brown rice has effects on insulin levels boosting metabolism. Unrefined carbohydrates help in weight loss.
A diet rich in almonds helps increase weight loss because it has monounsaturated fats that not only have an effect on insulin levels, but included in the diet give a feeling of fullness.
Black chocolate has an effect on stress hormones, reduces the levels of the stress hormone: cortisol, one of the factors that drives the body to store fat.
The itching of the ginger root diminishes the appetite, helps in the digestive process, and increases the metabolic rate after eating.
Acetic acid in vinegar can activate the genes that release proteins that break down fat.
Helps in the gain of muscle mass, is a powerful diuretic that eliminates toxins and strengthens the immune system, due to its high content of natural antioxidants.
Cranberries provide benefits because of their high antioxidant content, improves metabolic rate, inducing energy expenditure after consumption. They should be consumed fresh but not dehydrated or processed.
tea Green tea creates the thermogenic effect, acts as a diuretic and contains antioxidants.
It contains catechin and caffeine that, with phytochemicals, cause a greater oxidation of fats, improving the metabolism.
Chia contains large amounts of proteins, essential fatty acids, fibers and other nutrients that reduce the accumulated fat through thermogenesis or the increase in the sensation of satiety.
- Green Cucumber Green
cucumber is excellent for relieving skin irritations and infections due to its diuretic effect. It is excellent in the burning of fats, because of its high content of water and fiber produce a satiety effect, with an extremely low caloric intake.
The grapes have antioxidants, high content of vitamins and minerals, as well as other nutrients, among which fiber.
Nutritious spinach, source of vitamins and minerals, especially iron, with high water content, its caloric value is low.
It is a type of meat that has B vitamins, as well as other minerals, it is a good food for the gain of muscle mass.
- Radish It
helps in the loss of fats, it has a low caloric index since it is mainly composed of water.
It is rich in vitamin C and flavonoids, antioxidants that fight the damage caused by free radicals, such as premature aging. It is a fruit with high water content and does not provide many calories, also promotes a feeling of fullness.