The artichoke has excellent properties for achieving weight loss.
It is rich in fiber, making it challenging to absorb fats and sugars; it also helps the intestinal tract move harmful toxins and fats.
The artichoke contributes to the liver’s metabolism and helps eliminate bad cholesterol, and has diuretic properties.
When regimens of some kind are followed, one of the leading health hazards is not providing the organism with the essential nutrients needed to carry out its functions.
When following a diet, a lousy diet leads to many deficiencies and diminishes activities, and the person feels and looks sick.
The most important thing to achieve sustained weight loss is to follow a balanced diet where you get all the nutrients you need.
The artichokes are excellent for this purpose because it is a plant containing B, iron, magnesium, amino acids, flavonoids, vitamins, phosphorus, and potassium.
Artichokes for weight loss
Artichokes are an excellent tool to lose weight but must be accompanied by a balanced diet, exercise, and a change in long-term lifestyle.
- The artichoke supplies carbohydrates metabolized slowly in the body, which is an ideal advantage for people with diabetes.
- Artichokes have a lot of fiber, so they contribute to reducing blood glucose levels; they also help control the body’s levels of cholesterol and help prevent constipation.
- Artichokes contain cynarin, which helps stimulate the secretion of bile, promotes the digestion of fats and has a diuretic effect that prevents the retention of fluids in cells. Cynarin helps purify the liver and causes a greater excretion of urine, so it is also considered a purifier of the urinary tract.
- Artichokes have less than 1% fat content, which gives them a deficient calorie intake.
Benefits of the Artichoke Diet
Artichokes are not simply slimming tools; they are also considered medicinal food. Within its health properties, we quote:
- They are polyvalent and contain antioxidants, magnesium, potassium, sodium, iron, vitamin A, and B.
- They stimulate liver function.
- They regulate uric acid levels.
- They regulate gallstone problems in the gallbladder.
- They help with digestion and fat removal.
- They are detoxifying: They clean the intestines, liver, and kidneys.
- They can lower your blood cholesterol level.
- Relieve constipation
- Relieves heartburn.
- Improve the problems of coronary heart disease, arteriosclerosis, and blood pressure.
- Absorbs water from the stomach and produces a feeling of fullness.
- They have diuretic and depurative properties.
- They contain caffeic acid, pantothenic, and artichoke flavonoids, which help prevent and improve some types of cancer.
Contraindications to the artichoke diet
This diet should not be performed by breastfeeding women because artichoke decreases milk production.
People with stones in the gallbladder, allergic to daisies, marigolds, chrysanthemums, ambrosia, and other similar plants may suffer from skin rashes, swelling, hives, and difficulty breathing.
There have been cases of anaphylactic shock due to the consumption of artichoke and insulin.
The artichoke diet recommends consuming artichoke water three times a day, ten days a month for at least three months.
To achieve the satiating effect of the artichoke, it is recommended to take artichoke water 30 minutes before each meal.
As a result of this regimen, the weight will be lost, accompanied by the detoxifying effect of the organism.
During the ten days, the diet should be consumed natural juices, fruits, vegetables, and a few bad fats or processed foods.
It is also recommended to practice at least half an hour of exercise daily.
Recipe for making artichoke water
- Wash two medium-sized fresh artichokes with dark skin and cut the end of the stem.
- Add the artichokes to a liter and a half of boiling water until they have a good tone and become softer.
- Extract the artichokes and store the infusion to consume them all day.
- Start with a breakfast of a cup of oatmeal with an apple, and half an hour before you drink a glass of artichoke water.
- It works very well with meals since it increases your digestion, and in addition to its diuretic effects, it helps to process fat.
- You can drink a liter and a half all day, take it cold, and be accompanied by a bit of lemon juice or mint leaves.
This diet is recommended for:
- Overweight people.
- For people with cellulite, the high potassium content in the artichoke makes it a natural diuretic that prevents fluid retention and edema.
- People with hypertension, since this diet, helps balance blood pressure, in addition to the fact that the artichoke is low in sodium.
While the diet is being carried out, the consumption of milk, sugars, refined flours, sausages, fried meat, and red meat must be eliminated.
When water is taken from the artichoke, it should be used to burn and remove the fat, toxins, and excess waste present in the body.
Many of these elements are attached to the lining of the intestine, veins, and organs.
Suppose you consume any of these foods mentioned above. In that case, the artichoke has to purify and eliminate the new waste of these foods instead of working with those already present, housed, and attached to the body.
It should be helped in the detoxification function without adding more toxins during the purification process.
In this diet, you should consider adjusting this model and adapting it to your needs to avoid returning to gaining kilos and keep the body detoxified.
- Consume an infusion of lemon or pineapple juice or orange.
- Take a glass of soy milk, oatmeal, or whole-wheat toast and honey. If you do not want a rigorous diet, or in the case of people under 18 or who do not demand results, then you can have breakfast more abundantly. For example, in an egg omelet with vegetables in a vegetable sandwich, avoid consuming more than two eggs. Do not use oil.
- Grapes, apples, or oranges.
- Include artichokes or artichoke hearts in salads or two or three grilled artichokes and serve with rice or a slice of bread. In case of being under 18 years old, it includes fish or grilled chicken. You can prepare vegetable soup, rice with vegetables or vegetable salad and fresh salmon.
- A cup of soy milk with toast or a vegetarian wheat pizza. Suppose you want to lose weight quickly, soy milk with a bit of cereal or toast, whole grain bread, and add olive oil and vegetables.
- Fruit (less camber) and coffee with skim milk.
- Low-fat yogurt or orange juice
- Brown rice and artichokes or a tomato salad with artichokes and celery, you can add a tablespoon of olive oil.
- A little skim milk or fruit.
- You can eat some grilled artichokes and accompany them with some fresh cheese.
- A cup of tea or coffee with skim milk, a toast with fresh defatted cheese.
- A skimmed yogurt
- An artichoke smoothie, liquefied with the raw artichoke, green salad and tomato, grilled or steamed fish fillet, and fresh fruit.
- Coffee with milk, yogurt, or fruit.
- A glass of artichoke juice, a grilled chicken fillet or grill, and natural yogurt.
Recommendations for the diet
- During the diet of the artichoke, a fruit and a glass of skim milk should be consumed with breakfast. Also, you can start the day with a glass of juice accompanied by a couple of toast of wholemeal bread spread with artichoke cream or attend with a defatted or soy yogurt.
- In the meals, it is advisable to prepare several dishes with artichokes, such as brown rice with artichokes or artichokes boiled with lemon and oil. To complement the food with a bit of fresh cheese, bread of integral flour, and yogurt or fruit for dessert. Combining it with protein products such as white meats, fish, and vegetables is good.
- The consumption of water is essential for the organism since hydration is essential for the body’s cells.
- At dinner time, you can make dishes like baked artichokes, sautéed with chard or paprika. Combining this food with other foods, such as meats and fish, is necessary for the best protein balance in the diet.
- The artichoke capsules, sold in many health food stores, and there is no risk in consumption, help lose weight and prevent constipation and fluid retention. The infusion of the artichoke is another variant of the diet and can be consumed up to 3 times a day, but recommended for half an hour to fifteen minutes before lunch and dinner.