The artichoke has excellent properties to achieve weight loss.
It is rich in fiber, which makes it difficult to absorb fats and sugars, it also helps the intestinal tract by moving harmful toxins and fats.
The artichoke contributes to the metabolism of the liver and helps eliminate bad cholesterol, has diuretic properties.
When regimens of some kind are followed, one of the main health hazards is not to provide the organism with the essential nutrients that it needs to carry out its functions normally.
A bad diet when following a diet leads to many deficiencies and simply begins to diminish its activities and the person feels and looks sick.
The most important thing to achieve a sustained weight loss is to follow a balanced diet where you get all the nutrients you need.
The artichokes are excellent for this purpose because it is a plant containing B, iron, magnesium, amino acids, flavonoids, vitamins phosphorus and potassium.
Artichokes for weight loss
Artichokes are an excellent tool to lose weight, but must be accompanied by a balanced diet, exercises and a change in long-term lifestyle.
- The artichoke supplies carbohydrates that are metabolized slowly in the body, which is an ideal advantage for people with diabetes.
- Artichokes have a lot of fiber, so they contribute to the reduction of blood glucose levels, they also help to control the body’s levels of cholesterol and help prevent constipation.
- Artichokes contain cynarin, which helps stimulate the secretion of bile, which is responsible for promoting the digestion of fats and has a diuretic effect which prevents the retention of fluids in cells. Cynarin also helps to purify the liver, also causes a greater excretion of urine, so it is also considered a purifier of the urinary tract.
- Artichokes have less than 1% fat content, which gives them a very low calorie intake.
Benefits of the Artichoke Diet
Artichokes are not simply slimming tools, they are also considered a medicinal food. Within its health properties we quote:
- They are polyvalent contain antioxidants, magnesium, potassium, sodium, iron, vitamin A, vitamins B.
- They stimulate liver function.
- They regulate uric acid levels.
- They regulate gallstone problems in the gallbladder.
- They help with digestion and fat removal.
- They are detoxifying: They clean the intestines, liver and kidneys.
- They can lower your blood cholesterol level.
- Relieve constipation
- Relieves heartburn.
- Improve the problems of coronary heart disease, arteriosclerosis and blood pressure.
- Absorbs water from the stomach and produces a feeling of fullness.
- They have diuretic and depurative properties.
- They contain caffeic acid, pantotheic and artichoke flavonoids which help to prevent and improve some types of cancer.
Contraindications to the artichoke diet
This diet should not be performed by women who are breastfeeding because the artichoke tends to decrease milk production.
People with stones in the gallbladder, allergic to daisies, marigolds, chrysanthemums, ambrosias and other plants that are similar, as they may suffer from skin rashes, swelling, hives and difficulty breathing.
There have been cases of anaphylactic shock due to the consumption of artichoke and insulin.
The artichoke diet recommends consuming artichoke water three times a day, 10 days a month for at least 3 months.
To achieve the satiating effect of the artichoke, it is recommended to take artichoke water 30 minutes before each meal.
As a result of this regimen, weight will be lost, accompanied by the detoxifying effect of the organism.
During the ten days, which lasts the diet should be consumed natural juices, fruits and vegetables, few bad fats or processed foods.
It is also recommended to practice at least half an hour of exercise a day.
Recipe for making artichoke water
- Wash two medium-sized fresh artichokes with dark skin and cut the end of the stem.
- Add the artichokes in a liter and a half of boiling water until they have a good tone and become softer.
- Extract the artichokes and store the infusion to consume it all day.
- Start with a breakfast of a cup of oatmeal with an apple and half an hour before you drink a glass of artichoke water.
- It works very well with meals, since it increases your digestion, and in addition to its diuretic effects, it helps to process fat.
- You can drink liter and a half all day, take it cold and accompanied by a little lemon juice or mint leaves.
This diet is recommended for:
- Overweight people.
- People with cellulite, the high content of potassium in the artichoke makes it a natural diuretic that prevents fluid retention and edema.
- People with hypertension, since this diet helps balance blood pressure, in addition to the fact that the artichoke is low in sodium.
While the diet is being carried out, the consumption of milk, sugars, refined flours, sausages, fried meat and red meat must be eliminated.
When water is taken from the artichoke, it should be used to burn and remove the fat, toxins and excess waste present in the body.
Many of these elements are attached to the lining of the intestine, veins and organs.
If you consume any of these foods mentioned above, the artichoke has to purify and eliminate the new waste of these foods, instead of working with those already present, housed and attached to the body.
It should be helped in the detoxification function without adding more toxins during the purification process.
In this diet, you should consider adjusting this model and adapt it to your needs, to avoid returning to gain kilos and keep the body detoxified.
- Consume an infusion of lemon or pineapple juice or an orange.
- Take a glass of soy milk, oatmeal or whole wheat toast and honey. If you do not want a very strict diet, or in the case of people under 18 or do not demand results, then you can have breakfast more abundantly. As for example a vegetable sandwich, an egg omelette with vegetables, avoid consuming more than two eggs. Do not use oil.
- Grapes, apples or oranges.
- Include artichokes or artichoke hearts in salads or two or three grilled artichokes and serve with rice or a slice of bread. In case of being under 18 years old, it includes fish or grilled chicken. You can prepare vegetable soup, rice with vegetables or vegetable salad and fresh salmon.
- A cup of soy milk with toast or a vegetarian wheat pizza. If you want to lose weight quickly, soy milk with a little cereal or toast, a whole grain bread and add olive oil and vegetables.
- Fruit (less cambur) and coffee with skim milk.
- Low-fat yogurt or orange juice
- Brown rice and artichokes or a tomato salad with artichokes and celery, you can add a tablespoon of olive oil.
- A little skim milk or fruit.
- You can eat some grilled artichokes and accompany them with some fresh cheese.
- A cup of tea or coffee with skim milk, a toast with fresh defatted cheese.
- A skimmed yogurt
- An artichoke smoothie, liquefied with the raw artichoke, green salad and tomato, grilled or steamed fish fillet and fresh fruit.
- Coffee with milk, yogurt or a fruit.
- A glass of artichoke juice, a grilled chicken fillet or grill and a natural yogurt.
Recommendations in the diet
- During the diet of the artichoke, a fruit and a glass of skim milk should be consumed with breakfast. Also, you can start the day with a glass of juice accompanied by a couple of toast of wholemeal bread spread with artichoke cream or accompany with a defatted or soy yogurt.
- In the meals it is advisable to prepare several dishes with artichoke, such as brown rice with artichokes or artichokes boiled with lemon and oil. To complement the food with a little fresh cheese, bread of integral flour and a yogurt or a fruit of dessert. It is good to combine it with protein products such as white meats, fish and vegetables.
- The consumption of water is important for the organism, since hydration is essential for the cells of the body.
- At dinner time you can make dishes like: baked artichokes, sautéed, with chard or paprika. It is very important to combine this food with other foods, such as meats and fish for the best protein balance of the diet.
- The artichoke capsules, which are sold in many health food stores and there is no risk in consumption, help to lose weight, constipation and fluid retention. The infusion of the artichoke is another variant of the diet, and can be consumed up to 3 times a day, but recommended half an hour to fifteen minutes, before lunch and dinner.