10 Golden Tips to Keep a Healthy Mind
Our mind and brain functions will be an eternal enigma worthy of great study. Still, we already know a lot about our mental health to the point where we can offer advice to extend their capabilities to be more complex and efficient. Below we will give you ten tips that can help you maintain a healthy mind and an appropriate lifestyle.
1. Strengthen the network and social effects: social support and the ability to integrate into any group with which one identifies are essential to maintaining mental health—the willingness to establish and strengthen romantic relationships. For many neuroscientists, love is one of the vital activities of the mind, which implies, among other things, intellectual understanding and emotional availability.
2. Use the head: sleep and rest; if there is a disorder, these functions can atrophy the brain. For mental exercise, the mind can and must do several things at once – read – have the mechanisms to do it, and take advantage of them. Although they still know very little about degenerative brain disease, it has been observed that it affects more people who do not practice activities; they have less and less interest in intellectual activities, degrading their lifestyle. Reading is especially conducive to exercising the mind since it involves several mental abilities such as concentration, memory, abstract thinking, imagination, etc. Strategy games also improve memory and neural network.
3. Cultivando la Espiritualidad: independientemente de un credo particular o de la adhesión formal a una religión en particular, la búsqueda de una dimensión espiritual puede ser la búsqueda de un mayor sentido a la vida y el mundo, es una manera de mantenerse “de pie” algunos de sus valores es mantener la nobleza del alma. También trabaja en la salud: los médicos informan que los pacientes que tienen o buscan una implicación espiritual responden mejor al tratamiento y son dados de alta antes.
4. Exercise with pleasure: physical activity, among other things, stimulates the production of substances that promote psychological well-being, such as beta-endorphins (hormones linked to the sensation of fun). For a healthy mind, it does not matter much about the type and intensity of the activity – the best thing is the exercise you like to do. The warning with activities that involve competence or performance requirements can become a factor of stress. The best workouts are done outdoors: exposure to sunlight is essential to maintain emotional balance.
5. Maintain a healthy and regular diet. Although dietary supplements have shown an effective action in preventing disease, the lack of nutrients in some foods naturally affects the development and maintenance of brain functions. The first meal of the day is the most important, is when the hormone cortisol, considered the “teacher” of other hormones, is increasing and is essential for the proper functioning of the mind.
6. Sleep Care: Sleep well is essential to maintain and balance the brain’s functions. During sleep, in addition to areas that were hyperactive during the day, the brain has the opportunity to activate other underutilized sites, which, it is believed, help to balance brain functions. The question goes far beyond the number of hours of sleep, which varies for each individual. The critical thing, doctors say, is to ensure sleep quality. If you do not suffer from a specific disease, behavioral measures (such as turning off problems and creating rituals before going to bed) and environmental measures (such as a quiet, dark room) can guarantee a good night – and a “good” head at night. Wake.
7. Creation of space for oneself: in the day-to-day, create opportunities to contact the inner world, listen, and understand what the body and mind are asking. This can occur through a process of isolation, such as meditation, or, if necessary, with the help of a psychotherapist. In any case, you have to do it systematically, organize yourself to take the time to take care of yourself, and stay healthy.
8 Breathe fully: diaphragmatic breathing (which, in inspiration, conducts air to the abdomen region) is one of the simplest and most efficient ways to achieve a state of physical and mental relaxation, both in the short and long term methods. By pushing the air into the abdominal region, expanding it helps increase the area of pulmonary oxygenation and also oxygenate the brain better. Babies breathe naturally correctly, but most people unlearn this ability as they grow up, replacing it with chest breathing, short and rapid breathing, which is sent in a message to the body and mind in a desperate situation ( chest pain caused by diaphragm contraction) and danger (the induction of physiological reactions to stress). That is to say,
9. Go after big or small pleasures: let your mind be open to pleasure, and pick it up; it is excellent energy for mental health. Respect your desires as what you do best, gratify yourself for your efforts and achievements, create a virtuous circle of good humor, and increase self-esteem, confidence, and mental balance.
- Control of Cholesterol, pressure, stress, weight, and finally, the commands of the healthy heart: cardiovascular risk factors culminate in heart disease and brain injuries such as stroke and cerebral sclerosis. All the attention given to the heart is also considered to prevent degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s.